FUSION reaction chamber
A combination of an innovative RF-electrode design with a sophisticated pumping scheme, allows for unprecedented sensitivities and simultaneously keeps the reaction region extremely clean, resulting in market-leading limits of detection.
Ion-molecule reactions with organics occur in a fully-controlled environment of a novel ion-focusing RF reaction chamber operated at reduced pressures of 2-4 mbar. This guarantees the needed clean ion chemistry at predictable reaction energies (E/N) and reaction rate constants (k-rate) that are crucial for quantitative operation of PTR-MS.
- High sensitivities up to ~ 80000 cps/ppbV @ R = 10k (for selected compounds and settings)
- Unprecedented Limits of Detection < 1 pptV @ 1 s acquisition time
- Near instantaneous switching between high and low reaction energy (E/N)
- No significant transmission cutoff to high m/z
- Also supports classic PTR DC mode