The Next Generation PTR-TOF Technology
FUSION PTR combines the novel fast-SRI ion source with the revolutionary FUSION reaction chamber for ppqV limits of detection, highest sensitivities and TRU-E/N ion-chemistry quality.
- Ultra-clean FUSION reaction chamber for lowest LODs
- New fast-SRI ion source design for nearly instant reagent ion switching and stable ionization conditions
- Clean reagent ion production
- Certified TRU-E/N ion chemistry quality
- No RF-induced enhanced fragmentation
- Quantitative measurements down to ppqV levels
- No compound specific calibration needed
- Enhanced Volatility Range (EVR) option available
- Compatible to most IONICON accessories (CHARON particle inlet, Liquid Calibration Unit, Multiport Valve, etc.)
All of these benefits are commercially available with the FUSION PTR-TOF 10k instrument, achieving lowest limits of detection (< 1 pptV in 1 s) and extremely high sensitivities up to 80000 cps/ppbV at a TOF-MS mass resolution > 10000 m/dm.
fast-SRI FUSION Ion Source
fast-SRI improves the decoupling of the ion source from the reaction chamber providing lowest interferences with neutrals and parasitic reagent ions.
- Reagent ions include: H3O+, NH4+, NO+, O2+
- Fast switching times between reagent ions (~1 s between quantitative proton transfer with H3O+ and soft adduct ionisation with NH4+)
- Ultra clean reagent ion purity (C6H6+/C6H7+ < 2% in H3O+ mode)
- Patented ionic NH4+ generation, no neutral ammonia needed (Patents: US9188564, EP2606505)
FUSION reaction chamber
A combination of an innovative RF-electrode design with a sophisticated pumping scheme, allows for unprecedented sensitivities and simultaneously keeps the reaction region extremely clean, resulting in market-leading limits of detection.
Ion-molecule reactions with organics occur in a fully-controlled environment of a novel ion-focusing RF reaction chamber operated at reduced pressures of 2-4 mbar. This guarantees the needed clean ion chemistry at predictable reaction energies (E/N) and reaction rate constants (k-rate) that are crucial for quantitative operation of PTR-MS.
- High sensitivities up to ~ 80000 cps/ppbV @ R = 10k (for selected compounds and settings)
- Unprecedented Limits of Detection < 1 pptV @ 1 s acquisition time
- Near instantaneous switching between high and low reaction energy (E/N)
- No significant transmission cutoff to high m/z
- Also supports classic PTR DC mode
Providing a reliable and well-defined ion chemistry is one of the key priorities at IONICON. Naturally, this distinct feature also applies for FUSION PTR and is guaranteed by our patented TRU-E/N label.
- TRU-E/N method (Patents: US10074531, EP3309817) allows to adjust reaction energies (E/N) in the presence of RF fields
- Branching ratios are very sensitive to the applied reaction energy (E/N)
- FUSION PTR reproduces the intensity ratios for all relevant pinonic acid product ions over a wide range of E/N
- No calibration is needed, calculation of concentrations based on k-rates is possible
FUSION PTR outperforms other state-of-the-art commercial CIMS instruments by far, combines highest sensitivities, lowest LoDs and high mass resolving power with the pure ion chemistry of a PTR-MS. Get your FUSION PTR now!