Quad vs. TOF
- In one scan the entire mass range can be analyzed with an incredibly high-resolution and high-sensitivity.
- Higher resolutions compared to unit mass resolving power of quadrupole mass filters enhance the separation and identification capabilities.
- Having the entire spectrum at hand in split-seconds provides much more data in less time, hence more speed for analysis and sensitivity in complex mixtures.
- Because of the low mass fragmentation of our PTR-ion source, compounds with the same molecular weight appear on the same protonated mass and can hardly be differentiated using a quadrupole mass filter (e.g. Xylene [C8H10] and Benzaldehyde [C7H6O] = 107 amu). With a high-resolution time of flight, compounds with different atomic composition appear on their exact protonated mass (e.g. xylene [C8H10] = 107,0861 amu, benzaldehyde [C7H6O] = 107,0497 amu) and isobaric species can therefore be distinguished.
- Virtually no instrumental mass range limitation.
- A novel technology delivering incredible results.
- ...is the more advanced and much more powerful technology.
If your aim is to go for a state-of-the-art technology with many advantages, complex gas mixtures are of interest and time as well as identification capabilities are crucial, you should decide for the IONICON PTR-TOFMS series.
- For only a small amount of masses a quadrupole has a satisfactorily speed and delivers a very low detection limit in combination with our PTR-ion source.
- Smaller amount of data to be analyzed.
- Well experienced and reliable technology.
- However, in the meantime our own TOF developments are so advanced, that not only in terms of robustness and reliability, but also when comparing the price tags, our PTR-TOFMS series clearly outperforms PTR-QMS products.