Quad vs. TOF
- For only a small amount of masses a quadrupole has a satisfactorily speed and delivers a very low detection limit in combination with our PTR-ion source.
- Smaller amount of data to be analyzed.
- Mass range up to 2048 amu (on demand).
- Well experienced and reliable technology.
- ...is the more robust, simple and price sensitive solution.
If you are looking for a reliable solution for the real-time detection of only a few species at the same time, the budget is more restricted and the matrix is not complex, you should go for the IONICON PTR-QMS series.
- In one scan the entire mass range can be analyzed with an incredibly high-resolution and high-sensitivity.
- Higher resolutions compared to unit mass resolving power of quadrupole mass filters enhance the separation and identification capabilities.
- Having the entire spectrum at hand in split-seconds provides much more data in less time, hence more speed for analysis and sensitivity in complex mixtures.
- Because of the low mass fragmentation of our PTR-ion source, compounds with the same molecular weight appear on the same protonated mass and can hardly be differentiated using a quadrupole mass filter (e.g. Xylene [C8H10] and Benzaldehyde [C7H6O] = 107 amu). With a high-resolution time of flight, compounds with different atomic composition appear on their exact protonated mass (e.g. xylene [C8H10] = 107,0861 amu, benzaldehyde [C7H6O] = 107,0497 amu) and isobaric species can therefore be distinguished.
- Virtually no instrumental mass range limitation.
- A novel technology delivering incredible results.
- ...is the more advanced and much more powerful technology.
If your aim is to invest in a state-of-the-art technology with many advantages, complex gas mixtures are of interest and time as well as identification capabilities are crucial, you should go for the IONICON PTR-TOFMS series.